Christmas Summer Christmas Summer

This is astounding!

VideoGameManiac responds:

Thanks! Glad you like it :). Was a lot of fun working on this song.

Adisky - Glossy Paradise Adisky - Glossy Paradise

Goodness, this song is just so pretty.

It's so ear candy.

Acid Rain Acid Rain

The melody in this in fantastic, but the percussion track in no way does it justice.

Your kicks are WAY too staggered. For a song like this, you'll want to employ a steady stream of kicks on the fourths, as they help drive the song. The patterns here work better as fills or something during the middle 8 of the song.

I understand that you love to employ crescendo, but the rising action needs to fall and ride at some point.

A New Level A New Level

Most righteous!

It's very mellow, stays fresh and doesn't get stale...

... it's a great beverage!

... Huh? We're not doing a spot for soft drinks?

VideoGameManiac responds:

Now that you mention it, it actually is a soft drink!
And it doesnt taste too bad :D

Adisky - Atomic Pirate Adisky - Atomic Pirate

This track tastes very retro. It's also very well structured.

I like it.

Dance of the White Dragon Dance of the White Dragon

I notice you're very good with creating catchy melodies and riffs. You definitely have a knack for ambient style tracks. Are you self taught?

Looking at the track structurally, you can definitely expand on this track and improve it way past the point that it's now. It's good, but can be a lot better. I think it would benefit from a driving wind/string section.

VideoGameManiac responds:

Im actually pretty new to creating music. My big brother taught me a bit about FL Studio,
some basic stuff cause hes also not an expert but most of the time Im just playing around with sounds and instruments from different generators and synthesizers and try to change it to that point
until I think it sounds great and when I have some melodies in my mind I just put them together :D but if I mess around with some sounds a bit too much then, well just read my response to Neon-Bard xD anyway ty for the review, really glad that someone explains on how to improve things :D

Peaceful Garden Peaceful Garden

Not bad. It's very relaxing, perfect as an ambient tune. But I will agree with ComoW's review, in that this requires a little variety. I'd personally suggest adding some reverb to the "plucked" melody, so that it meshes just a bit better.

If you wanted to make this a loop, you could try adding an extra measure consisting of solely the percussion section. I think it'll tie the intro and outro together rather nicely.

VideoGameManiac responds:

ty, I will definitely change something, maybe adding more melodies

Dear you (Higurashi) Dear you (Higurashi)

It's a pretty good remix. Simple accompaniments with a mostly unchanged background progression and tune.

But that simplicity works great in Dear You's case, since the driving force behind the original track was it's moving piano melody. The accompaniments accentuate the main tune quite well, which make this a pleasure to listen to.

I really liked the crescendo used near the end, the outro section came out fantastic. I personally wished you introduced that energy a little earlier into the track, but no sleep lost. However, the percussion section starting ~50 seconds in sounded a bit iffy.

Lastly, didn't really care for the cheer track. I think your arrange would've sounded great without it.

Overall, good job!

danyool777 responds:

Haha yeah, the percussion was me being lazy and I kinda just threw in the crowd cheer for the hell of it. I was up at 3-4 in the morning making this so I kinda put stuff around then went to bed not remembering what I did.

Thanks for the review

Azure Lake - Sonic 3&K Azure Lake - Sonic 3&K

Not bad, but this would work a little with a steadier percussion track at some parts!

It's a little... jerky-feeling.

A Bad Future - Sonic CD A Bad Future - Sonic CD

The audio levels need some balancing...

There are some pretty good bits in this, but they're getting drowned out. It's like having a taco with some deliciously fried meat, crispy fresh lettuce, and soft, soft cheese, drowned in a sauce that's a bit too hot to enjoy the rest.